Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wikitude - Real Time Information Browser


Your  real time information browser

























Wikitude is a augmented browser that shows us the information of all the nearby places within a specific distance. It uses google maps and compass to show the location statistics on your phone screen. Initially when I download the app I was not sure what exactly it was showing me on my phone screen ,these were the nearest locations from my office, for example it was showing me all the buildings nearby my office.

This app can search places up to distance of  maximum limit 80 km . Apart from places I can also search people on twitter and foursquare with in that distance, I can also look at various pizza locations . Isn't it a different way of surfing places .

Wikitude includes twitter ,panoramio,youtube,booking.com ,flickr,playmysong.net etc for surfing . To use wikitude install the application on your smartphone and click on the icon of wikitude, what you will see is the list of places start start floating over your smartphone screen.Also ask you click your application wikitude will calculate how many places are nearby (where it will show the buildings located within the area of 2Kms).

You can use wikitude if you own any smartphone be it android, an iphone, a blackberry, or nokia phone, wikitude is available for all and recently a new version of wikitude is also released for android version 3 is honeycomb devices.So installing wikitude is surely going to be an enriching experience.

Supported Devices are : 
All android devices with version 1.6 and 2.3
iOS - iphone4,iPhone 3GS,ipad 2 , ipod Touch 3G
Blackberry- comes preinstalled on Devices starting BOND 9900
Symbian - C6-01,C7,E7,N8
BADA - wave


No comments:

Post a Comment